YOU’LL ALSO NEED
- Heavy-Bottomed Saucepan
- Silicone Spatula
- Red Hots® Candy
- Light Corn Syrup
- Sugar – White
- Small Apples – Green
- 1 - Celebrate It® Halloween Treat Sticks (10486247)
- 1 - Celebrate It® Treat Cups – Kraft/Purple (10425702)
- Wash and thoroughly dry the apples. Insert sticks so that they are firmly positioned in the center of each apple.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 3 cups white sugar, ½ cup light corn syrup, 1 cup water and 1 cup Red Hots® candy. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until the candy thermometer reaches 300° (hard crack stage). Remove from heat. Carefully stir in 1 tsp. of Red-Red icing color.
- One by one, dip the apples into the candy mixture, swirling to coat them thoroughly, and allowing any excess to drip back into the pan. Transfer the coated apple to the treat cup and let cool/harden.
Share your project photos with #MakeItWithMichaels