YOU’LL ALSO NEED
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Hole Punch, ¼”
- Non-Stick Cutting Mat
- Craft Knife
– Lay T-shirt flat on a table and determine the best size for the fish fin. Follow the pattern as a guide to cut out two stiffened felt fins in white. Set aside.
– Cut out two stiffened felt fins in black that will be approximately ½” smaller than the white fins. Set aside.
|– Cut out two pieces of orange felt, following the pattern provided. Adjust the size, if needed, according to your stiffened felt fins.
– Position the two white fins together and attach with hot glue.
– Position the two black fins on each side of the white fins and hot glue to each other.
– Lay one of the orange felt fins on one side of the stiffened felt. Line up the base of the curve to the end of the fin. Hot glue to the fins, but keep the rectangular shape unattached. Repeat on the opposite side with the other orange felt piece. Set aside.
|– Lay Midnight Madness Duck Tape® strips onto a non-stick surface cutting board. Lay two pieces close together and use the wavy strips in the photo as a guide. Cut a wavy horizontal shape with a craft knife.
– Lay Winking White Duck Tape® strips onto a non-stick surface cutting board. Cut a wavy horizontal shape similar to the black strip with a craft knife, but smaller.
TIP: If a glow in the dark costume is preferred, substitute the Winking White Duck Tape® for the Glow in the Dark Duck Tape®.
– Pull up the wavy Winking White Duck Tape® strip and lay it on top of the black wavy strip.
|– Lift up both taped wavy strips and place on the back of the T-shirt, towards the bottom of the shirt, leaving room to add the crafted fin.
– Make another Midnight Madness and Winking White Duck Tape® strip, as in Step 11, and position it below the first strip.
– Repeat the wavy Midnight Madness and Winking White strips for the front of the T-shirt. Apply to the front of the shirt as desired.
– Lay the felt fin on the top section of the back of the T-shirt. The fin should stand up straight and the side orange felt flaps will be attached to the T-shirt. Attach the projected fin flaps to the shirt with hot glue.
|– Cut out a piece of craft foam into a hat bill shape. Use the template provided as a guide.
– Hot glue the wiggle eyes to the foam bill shape and punch holes on the top corners with a hole punch.
– Cut two pieces of ribbon approximately 12″ long. Push the end through each hole and tie two knots with one end of the ribbon. Repeat on the opposite side. Use the loose ends for tying the fish wiggle eye bill to the child’s forehead.
– Share your project photos with #MakeItWithMichaels