Instructions here: Material list is down below the instructions: Please post any questions you have below.
Remove the skirt and clean the couch with a damp cloth the best you can. Vacuum the couch once you are done cleaning and ready to paint.
Mixing Primer- Mix primer and fabric softener 2 to 1(1 part fabric softener and 2 parts primer) For this step I used 16 oz. of primer and 8 oz. of fabric softener. Let dry overnight
Sand with 220 grit sandpaper until smooth. Vacuum
Mix Latex paint with fabric softener and fabric paint. 2 parts paint, 1 part fabric softener, 1 part fabric paint. Paint one coat and then allow to dry at least 2 hours. Sand with 220 sandpaper until smooth. Vacuum. Apply another coat and let dry. Repeat sanding and vacuum.
I added nailhead trim to the bottom and arms.
*Disclaimer-There are links above that allow me to make a small fee if purchased through this link. Thank you for your support.
Material I used for this project:
- Kilz2 Primer (Amazon $7.42)
- Paint with Primer (one gallon) (Amazon $40.99)
- Small paint roller and brushes (Amazon $3.62)
- Fabric Softener (1-48 oz bottle) (Amazon $3.97)
- Fabric Paint (4- 8 oz bottles) (Amazon $12.49 ea.)
- Sandpaper 220 (Amazon $3.69)
- Optional Decorative Nailhead Trim (optional) (Amazon $9.39)