- Air-dry clay
- Disposable plastic wine glasses (with detachable base)
- Cotton cord
- Craft knife
1. Moisten a piece of air-dry clay and roll out until about 1/8″ thick. Place the plastic wine glass down onto the clay and cut around leaving a circular disk of clay.
2. Turn the glass over and use the stem to press a hole into the center of the disk.
3. Push the disk down over the stem and flatten it against the rounded bottom of the glass, smoothing the whole piece using water.
4. Once you’ve made all the disks, take the excess clay and roll into beads for the center of the disks. Use a skewer or beading reamer to make a hole through the ball.
5. Leave the clay for 24 hours to set. To remove from the glass, run a craft knife carefully around the edge of the clay and lift off. Sand the edges smooth with fine sandpaper.
6. Thread the pieces onto the cord and knot underneath each bead to hold into place.
7. Once you’ve created all of the strands wrap the excess onto a branch and hang!