YOU’LL ALSO NEED
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Floral Wire Cutter
- Soft Cloth
- Ashland™ Short Craft Pumpkin 9″ – Orange (sku 10476669)
- Ashland® Fall Floral Stem – Mustard/Cream/Brown Tall Grass (sku 10477181)
- Ashland® Fall Stem Filler – Green/Gold/Brown Artichoke (sku 10478699)
- (3) Ashland® Fall Floral Stem – Granite Hydrangea (sku 10477134)
- Ashland® Fall Floral Bush – Airy Heather with Eva Leaves (sku 10475916)
|– Use a slightly damp paintbrush to paint a thin coat of Copper Metallic Lustre™ Wax Finish on the pumpkin. This will enhance the orange and add a metallic shine to the pumpkin. Let dry.
Tip: If a shiny surface is desired, buff with a soft cloth after it is dry.
– Cut a 2″ circle around the outside of the pumpkin stem, using a hot knife, and set aside the stem aside.
|– With a floral foam knife cut a two pieces of floral foam that will fit on top of each other when put into the pumpkin. Hot glue one to the base of the pumpkin and the second to the first piece of foam.
– Cut three hydrangea stems so the heads will be slightly above the opening of the pumpkin.
Tip: Measure the length of the stems needed by holding the stem up to the pumpkin, and cut according to the design planned.
– Place one hydrangea stem in the front of the arrangement and two towards the back of the arrangement. Push the stems into the floral foam to keep them steady.
|– Cut an artichoke stem that contains three artichokes, slightly longer than the front hydrangea. Push into the floral foam next to the hydrangea.
– Cut the tall grass stem into three parts. Stick each stem into the foam near the middle and back of the arrangement. Use image as a guide.
– Cut the Airy Heather into sections and push into the floral foam to add mid-range height and movement.
– Hot glue the pumpkin stem piece from Step 2 directly to the pumpkin underneath a hydrangea off to the side. Use image as a guide.
|Share your project photos with #MakeItWithMichaels|